A ground blind is an indispensable tool for a serious game hunter. This gives a hunter decent cover while waiting for their prey. It also helps mask the hunter’s scent so that the target cannot smell the hunter when they get near.
It can be as simple as a piece of leather made to look like the ground or a forest patch to a full size blind which can accommodate 2 to 3 hunters and their gear.
Another type of hunting blind is the ground blind or tree blind. This is a type of blind used especially for hunters who need to wait for their targets.
The best ground blind allows the hunter some room to move while waiting in contrast to blinds that are worn where the hunter has to stay still for long periods of time to prevent being seen by their prey.
So for serious hunters or those who plan to use a ground blind, here are 10 of the best ground blinds and a few ground blind reviews that will help you choose a great ground blind that is perfect for your needs.
Here is a brief comparison table of the top ground blinds (article continues below):
Ground Blinds Comparison table
The Top 10 Best Ground Blinds
Here are 10 of the highest rated ground blind reviews today.
This blind is one of the best ground blinds money can buy. The Elite Thermal Ground Blind has all the features of a premium hunting blind. The fabric is made with thermal trap technology that keeps in more heat than the standard fabric. Using a portable heater can increase the hunting time for any individual. The blind is large enough to fit two people and gear. The blind has minimal moving parts which makes it quiet. The zipper and magnet openings can be adjusted to suit any hunter’s needs. It comes in a woodland camo pattern that is excellent for any wood terrain.
- Thermal fabric keeps in heat longer than other blinds
- Top of the line hunting blind
- It may be too expensive for some
- The blind is a bit heavy to carry around
- Has 12 window openings to shoot from
- Has 2 rows of stubble straps and tie down straps to make the blind stable
Here is another one of the best ground blinds. The Grounder 350 is the perfect ground blind for a small hunting group. This blind is easy to set up and carry despite its large size. It takes about a minute to put up and a minute to stow it. It features 3 large zippered windows that cover three sides of the blind for excellent viewing. The tough fabric keeps the elements out and the movement and scent of the hunters hidden while in the blind. These windows can be opened to suit the hunter’s needs. It also features the BLOODTRAIL woodland camo for excellent cover and concealment.
- Roomy and enough space to shoot a bow or a gun
- Easy to set up and carry
- Can hold up to wind and rain
- Color fades after a few weeks
- Windows are set up too high
- Can’t be used in icy weather
- Shoot through mesh windows can be replaced easily
- Comes with its own backpack/container
The Primos Double Bull Deluxe Blind is a hunter’s dream. Its roomy interior provides more than enough space for gear and elbow room for two persons. It has a zipper less double wide door for easy entry and exit. It gives a 180 degree front view and has silent side window closures. The blind is made of sturdy materials that will last the rough punishment of the outdoors. It can effectively mask the movement and the scent of the hunters inside the blind, making it easier for the hunter to take a shot at their targets. It can take whatever punishment Mother Nature has to offer and on top of all of that, it is easy to assemble and take down.
- Plenty of space to work with
- Easier to set up especially with the new hub system
- Worth the price
- Noisy plastic material can be a problem keeping silent
- Stake straps are too small to use
- New camo design is very effective
- Comes with a carry bag
Many hunters ask what is the best ground blind. The answer can vary depending on each hunter’s need. Here is an all-around hunting blind that meets most, if not all of the hunter’s needs. The Ameristep bone collector blind uses a carbon enhanced cloth with black coating that reduces shine, noise and scent. The Realtree Xtra Camo pattern blends with the foliage and the brush pockets make the blind look like part of any bush or tree. It has a spacious interior and enough height for a tall person to stand in.
- Can stand up to rainy conditions
- Lots of room inside to move and keep their gear
- Carrying bag easily gets ripped
- First time assembly can be tricky
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Has 10 shoot through mesh window openings
This Guide Gear Deluxe blind is set up in seconds and features a flip-up full size door for easy entry and exit. The oversized zipper windows have a removable split screen panel that can be configured to meet any hunter’s shooting needs. With the full sized flip up door even a hunter in a wheelchair can just roll up to the blind, zip the entrance and get ready to go hunting. The fabric is made of 150D polyester which is durable, water and UV resistant and fire retardant. There are 4 windows with shoot through removable mesh panels. The blind also has 12 ground stakes that keep it stable.
- Great for hunters with disabilities
- Affordable price
- Enough room for 2 and their gear
- Cannot hold up in severe weather conditions
- Comes with its own backpack carry case
- It does not have brush holders
The toughest of the tough, this Barronett Blind is the bulked up version of the Big Mike blind. It was built to withstand harsh conditions and abuse. It uses thicker fiberglass poles and a heavy duty double layer of welded fabric with each corner reinforced with another layer. This makes the SuperTough strong enough to take on anything Mother Nature throws at it. It has windows that can be configured to the hunter’s needs. There are various removable and replaceable shoot through camo mesh and brush holders to keep the hunters concealed inside the blind.
- Easy to set up and take down
- Has a roomy interior that will easily fit two people and gear
- Durable and tough
- May be a bit expensive
- A bit on the heavy side if it has to be carried
- Comes with a backpack carrying case
- Comes with a 3 year warranty
The Ameristed Lightspeed Razor Blind is a unique single hub frame that is ideal for single hunter set ups. There is enough space for the single person and the gear they need. The blinds are lightweight and are very easy to set up and carry which is great news for hunters who like to go after their prey alone. This blind uses only high quality materials that protect the hunter from the elements and hide them from their prey while providing a comfortable space to wait. The design is suited for firearm or crossbow hunting.
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- The windows have a dark mesh that provides extra cover and concealment
- Stowing the blind is a bit hard to do
- Not ideal for tall people
- Comes with a backpack carrying case
This camou patterned blind is an ideal addition to any hunter’s arsenal. Light weight and easy to assemble, It is perfect for hunters who do not stay in one place for long. This blind provides maximum cover while giving the hunter a snug blind to hide in while waiting for that game to enter the hunter’s crosshairs. The fabric keeps heat and scent in while masking the movements of the hunters inside. The Evolved Ingenuity Brickhouse Blind has stakes and high wind tie downs that helps with the stability of the blind.
- Hub style design makes it easy to set up and take down
- Sturdy design and materials
- May be a bit expensive for some
- The window latches do not seal tightly
- Comes with a backpack carry case
- Has 2 mesh gun ports which can also be used to fire arrows from a bow
The Hub Cat 50 is your portable hiding spot when hunting. It has a five hub design that makes it easier to carry around, set up and take down. So you’re in your spot, set up your Hub Cat 50 in no time and wait for that perfect shot in the comfort of your own ground blind. It uses a BLOODTRAIL Camo design that gives you very real outdoor foliage patterns that easily blends with the terrain. The windows can be configured a number of ways to accommodate archery or gun hunting.
- Great for 2 to 3 persons
- Light weight and easy to bring around
- It may be a bit expensive for some
- The mesh camo windows can be easily replaced so you can shoot through it if needed
- There are brush holders for added camouflage
Another Ameristep design, the Ameristep Brotherhood Hunting Blind is a powerhouse blind that is using the Realtree Xtra Camo pattern for concealment in any woodland terrain. It has a dual window system that allows hunting in plains, ridge lines or elevated areas. It has flooring and a ground skirt that keeps the elements out and scents in. The blind uses sturdy materials that function great in ideal weather conditions. It can also take a bit of rough weather if need be. It is easy to set up and take down.
- You get your money’s worth
- Enough room for 2 and their gears
- Camo pattern blends well in any forest setting
- Cannot be used in rough weather conditions
- May have waterproofing issues
- Needs more bush straps
- Comes with a backpack carrying case
- Velcro strips are too loud
Each hunter has different needs and specifications, especially when it comes to choosing the perfect hunting blind. Factors like the height and space of the blind can be an issue for a tall hunter or a hunter who may need a wheelchair or crutches.
A ground blind that is easy to carry and assemble can also be a good factor. So are blinds that keep the hunter dry inside and unseen by its prey on the outside. Even the pattern of the camouflage can be a deciding factor if a certain ground blind is perfect for that particular hunter.
The blinds shown above, are a few of the choices that hunters can make when selecting the perfect blind for their needs. This also gives undecided hunters some guidelines as to what they would want in their blinds and which brand or style would best fit them and their needs.
A hunter’s equipment, including the blinds that they use, is a needed element that makes a hunt successful or not. A hunter needs to get to their spot and wait for their targets, so they can take the best shot possible. With the correct blind, a hunter becomes more effective in concealing himself from the target and getting that shot.
So to answer what is the best ground blind, it would be the blind that meets all the needs of the hunter and gives him that chance to hit their targets.