You need a powerful rifle that can hit targets well over 500 yards out.
In addition, you’ll need one of the best long range hunting scopes to spot and focus on your target before firing.
There are many long range hunting rifles you can choose from. However, to make it easier to find the right one for your next hunting expedition, we’ve selected the top three scopes on the market today.
These scopes have been chosen based on the number of useful features, ability to focus on distant targets and popularity among long range hunting scope reviews.
The Top 3 Best Long Range Hunting Scope Reviews
The Barska Varmint target dot riflescope has a variable magnification of 6.5X to 20X. This is well within the range offered by many of the best long range hunting scopes on the market. It has a large 50mm objective lens. The objective is fully adjustable to enable fast target focusing and parallax elimination for accurate shots.
This scope’s optics are fully multicoated. This reduces the amount of light reflected off the scope and increases the amount of light that actually passes through the lenses. Overall, this ensures that you’ll always get a clear and bright image even in low light conditions.
It has a target dot reticle. This is a simple crosshair design with a center dot. The design makes it easy to focus on your target by placing it at the center of the dot.
Its body is nitrogen purged to make it fog and waterproof. The body’s rugged design enables it to withstand shocks created by heavy recoil long range shooting rifles. Other features found on the Barska varmint target dot rifle include 3.6 inch eye relief, 16 feet field of view at 100 yards, lens caps and 1/8 inch MOA adjustment at 100 yards.
- Variable magnification makes this scope ideal for close to long range shooting
- Excellent light transmission offered by the 50mm objective lens and fully multicoated optics
- Generous 3.6 inch eye relief helps prevent brow injury caused by accidental knocks against the scope
- Rugged, lightweight nitrogen purged body can be used in different weather conditions and terrain
- Images tend to get blurry once you get to 16X magnification and higher
This scope is well built to service the long range shooter. With a variable magnification of 6X to 24X this scope is capable of zooming in on targets a few yards out to targets a few hundred yards out. This variable magnification comes in handy when you have to use your rile to shoot at moving targets such as deer.
The CVLIFE Optics Hunting Scope has a 50mm objective lens. The lens is fully adjustable allowing you to set it for parallax free viewing especially at high magnifications. Fully multicoated optics complement the large objective increasing the amount of light passing through the scope for clear and sharp images.
This long range hunting scope has a dual illuminated rangefinder reticle in green and red color options. The illuminated reticle enables you to focus on your targets easily especially in low light conditions.
It comes in a rugged aluminum body that’s nitrogen filled. This makes it tolerant to heavy recoil and resistant to fog and moisture buildup.
Other features that make the CVLIFE one of the best scope for hunting long range include 1/8 inch MOA adjustment at 100 yards, 28 feet field of view at 100 yards, Kellner eyepiece with dioptric adjustment lens, free heavy duty ring mounts and lens covers.
- Strong and lightweight construction is highly durable
- Large objective lens and multicoated optics maximize light transmission for clear and bright target views
- Dual illuminated reticle makes it easy to acquire targets in low light conditions
- Free mounts and lens covers provided
- Variable magnification makes shooting close, medium and long range easy
- Some hunters have reported the scope losing its zero when used on heavy recoil guns
Probably the best long range hunting scope under $100 the BESTEK has a variable magnification of 6X to 24X. This is similar to what most competing high end scopes offer. The scope also comes fitted with a 50mm adjustable objective lens. This ensures that the objective is transmitting as much light as possible and, you can easily make adjustments for parallax free views.
To ensure that you always get a good view of your target, this scope has fully multicoated lenses which return bright and clear target images. It also has a dual illuminated mil-dot reticle in red and green color options. The reticle brightness can be adjusted across 5 different levels.
This scope’s body is 100% fogproof and waterproof. It has a rugged construction that enables it withstand heavy firearm recoil and knocks. Other features found on this scope include 4 inch eye relief, 3 meters field of view at 100 yards, ¼ inch MOA adjustment at 100 yards, heavy duty mounting rings and lens cover.
- Strong and lightweight construction is durable
- Variable magnification makes it easy to shoot close, medium and long range
- Bright and clear images provided by large objective and multicoated lenses
- Illuminated reticle makes it easy to focus on targets in low light conditions
- Battery, mounting rings and lens cover provided along with the scope
- The mounting rings provided are designed for 20mm weaver dovetail rails only
If you’re wondering, what is the best long range hunting scope, you’ll be glad to know that there are hundreds of scopes to choose from. However, many of these scopes are of poor quality. In general, the best scope for long range hunting has a magnification of 5X and above.
In addition, an objective lens diameter of 50mm and above is recommended. Besides this, you need to look at other features such as accessories included, price, reticle type, the scope’s construction, adjustments and ease of use among others if you’re to find the best hunting scope for long range that meets your specific hunting needs.